- 1.Mumma BE, Scofield ME, Mendoza LP, Toofan Y, Youngyunpipatkul J, Hernandez B. Screening for victims of sex trafficking in the emergency department: a pilot program. West J Emerg Med. 2017; 18(4):616–620. doi:.
10.5811/westjem.2017.2.31924Crossref, Google Scholar
- 2.White KJ. Women in the great migration. Soc Sci Hist. 2005; 29(3):413–455. Google Scholar
- 3.Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act, 22 USC §78 (2000). Google Scholar
- 4.International Labour Office, Walk Free Foundation. Global estimates of modern slavery: forced labour and forced marriage. 2017. http://www.alliance87.org/global_estimates_of_modern_slavery-forced_labour_and_forced_marriage.pdf. Accessed February 10, 2018. Google Scholar
- 5.Office of the Under Secretary for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights. Trafficking in Persons Report: June 2017. https://www.state.gov/j/tip/rls/tiprpt/2017/. Accessed February 13, 2018. Google Scholar
- 6.Lederer LJ, Wetzel CA. The health consequences of sex trafficking and their implications for identifying victims in healthcare facilities. Ann Health Law. 2014; 23:61–91. Google Scholar
- 7.Chisolm-Straker M, Baldwin S, Gaigbe-Togbe B, Ndukwe N, Johnson PN, Richardson LD. Health care and human trafficking: we are seeing the unseen. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2016; 27(3):1220–1233. doi: .
10.1353/hpu.2016.0131Crossref, Google Scholar
- 8.Martinez O, Kelle G. Sex trafficking of LGBT individuals: a call for service provision, research, and action. Int Law News. 2013; 42(4). Google Scholar
- 9.Williamson E, Dutch MN, Clawson HJUS Department of Health and Human Services. Evidence-based mental health treatment for victims of human trafficking. https://aspe.hhs.gov/report/evidence-based-mental-health-treatment-victims-human-trafficking. Accessed February 10, 2018. Google Scholar
- 10.Oram S, Stockl H, Busza J, Howard LM, Zimmerman C. Prevalence and risk of violence and the physical, mental, and sexual health problems associated with human trafficking: systematic review. PLoS Med. 2012; 9(5):e1001224. doi:.
10.1371/journal.pmed.1001224Crossref, Google Scholar
- 11.Kiss L, Pocock NS, Naisanguansri V, Health of men, women, and children in post-trafficking services in Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam: an observational cross-sectional study. Lancet Glob Health. 2015; 3(3):e154–161. doi:.
10.1016/S2214-109X(15)70016-1Crossref, Google Scholar
- 12.Barnes WJ, Gibbs HA. Sex trafficked and missed. In: Human Trafficking Is a Public Health Issue. Basel, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2017.
10.1007/978-3-319-47824-1_2Crossref, Google Scholar
- 13.Baldwin SB, Fehrenbacher AE, Eisenman DP. Psychological coercion in human trafficking: an application of Biderman's framework. Qual Health Res. 2015; 25(9):1171–1181. doi:.
10.1177/1049732314557087Crossref, Google Scholar
- 14.Walker-Rodriguez A, Hill RFederal Bureau of Investigation. Human trafficking. https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking. Accessed February 10, 2018. Google Scholar
- 15.Public Safety Canada. National action plan to combat human trafficking. https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/rsrcs/pblctns/ntnl-ctn-pln-cmbt/index-en.aspx. Accessed February 10, 2018. Google Scholar
- 16.Ijadi-Maghsoodi R, Cook M, Barnert ES, Gaboian S, Bath E. Understanding and responding to the needs of commercially sexually exploited youth: recommendations for the mental health provider. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2016; 25(1):107–122. doi:.
10.1016/j.chc.2015.08.007Crossref, Google Scholar
- 17.Powell C, Asbill M, Louis E, Stoklosa H. Identifying gaps in human trafficking mental health service provision. J Hum Trafficking. 2017:1–14.
10.1080/23322705.2017.1362936. Crossref, Google Scholar
- 18.Domoney J, Howard LM, Abas M, Broadbent M, Oram S. Mental health service responses to human trafficking: a qualitative study of professionals' experiences of providing care. BMC Psychiatry. 2015; 15:289. doi:.
10.1186/s12888-015-0679-3Crossref, Google Scholar
- 19.Goldenberg SM. Supporting the mental health of trafficked people. Lancet Psychiatry. 2015; 2(12):1048–1049. doi:.
10.1016/S2215-0366(15)00354-5Crossref, Google Scholar
Can't sign in? Forgot your username?
Enter your email address below and we will send you your username