As a result of the cornoavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the health care industry is facing one of its worse workforce crises in decades. Nurse educators must influence the development and implementation of a strategic workforce plan to mitigate this crisis. [J Contin Educ Nurs. 2021;52(10):452–453.]
- 2021). Fact sheet: Strengthening the health care workforce. https://www.aha.org/fact-sheets/2021-05-26-fact-sheet-strengthening-health-care-workforce . (Google Scholar
- 2021). Combating stress. https://www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/work-environment/health-safety/combating-stress . (Google Scholar
- 2021). Supporting nurses' recovery during and following the COVID-19 pandemic. Nursing Standards, 36(3), 31–34.
10.7748/ns.2021.e11661PMID: 33586385( Crossref MedlineGoogle Scholar
- 2020). 10 Steps for effective strategic workforce planning. https://www.peoplegoal.com/blog/strategic-workforce-planning (Google Scholar
- 2010). Nurse burnout and quality of care: Cross-national investigation in six countries. Research in Nursing and Health, 33(4), 288–298.
10.1002/nur.20383PMID: 20645421( Crossref MedlineGoogle Scholar
- 2018). Burnout in the United States healthcare professionals: A narrative review. Cureus, 10(12), e3681
10.7759/cureus.3681PMID: 30761233( Crossref MedlineGoogle Scholar